Sony KJ-85Z9H specifications
This high-end Sony TV with Triluminos Display features a 84.6-inch LCD display panel (2140 mm) with an 8K resolution (7680 x 4320). The display employs a Direct LED backlight with Full-Array Local Dimming (FALD) and supports true 10-bit color, HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision. The panel has a native refresh rate of 120Hz. In terms of audio, the Sony KJ-85Z9H is equipped with 4x tweeters, 4x subwoofers, and 8x woofers for a total system output of 80W. Sony explains in detail the speakers position. The upper frame has two zones with 1 tweeter and 2 woofers each. The same is applied to the lower frame. All are front-facing. Backward firing are the 4 subwoofers. The TV can be wall-mounted and has 400 x 400 mm VESA holes. The model's wireless connectivity options include dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, DLNA. In terms of inputs and outputs, the Sony KJ-85Z9H is equipped with three USB ports, Ethernet port, four HDMI 2.1 inputs one with eARC, an AV Composite in 3.5 mm jack, optical audio out, headphone-out jack. The TV is based on Android TV with Chromecast built-in, Google Assistant, Alexa, Apple AirPlay, Apple HomeKit.
Sony KJ-85Z9H image quality features
- At the base of the image quality-related features is Sony's Picture Processor X1 Ultimate developed for 8K TVs.
- The Object-type super-resolution feature delivers the optimal definition for each object on the image for utmost realism.
- The 8K X-Reality PRO has a database for noise reduction in addition to the super-resolution processing database, realizing higher definition and less noise.
- With the Advanced HDR Remaster, the TV reproduces more realistic high contrast.
- The Super Bit Mapping HDR is Sony's unique gradation conversion function that output 8-bit and 10-bit video as 14-bit equivalent gradation output.
- The Backlight Master Drive provides intelligent and more granular control over the LED modules achiving finer reproduction of light and shades. As a result high contrast and high brightness are achieved.
- The 8K X-tended Dynamic Range PRO precisely adjusts the light balance of the entire screen based on Sony's unique algorithm. It concentrates current in dark areas to bright areas and achieves a brilliant shine that could not be expressed before.
- X-Motion Clarity controls the LED backlight emission with high precision for each area and optimizes the light emission time to maintain the brightness of the screen and reduce afterimages for a clear and realistic image even in fast-moving scenes.
- Double speed is a technology that creates a new image of one frame between frames of 60 fps and makes it 120 fps. This reduces the afterimage and makes it easier to view fast-moving images.
- X-Wide Angle realizes a wide viewing angle using Sony's original optical design developed to control the light of LED backlight.
- Acoustic multi-audio is the main sound quality feature of Sony's high-end TVs. It means that there are a top frame and bottom frame arrangement of the speakers with the top and bottom being paired in such a way as to make the sound come out from the center of the screen. There are two groups of subwoofers on the back for optimal configuration.
- Dolby Atmos is supported as well for realistic three-dimensional sound. With BRAVIA, the latest audio processing system allows you to easily experience 3D stereophonic sound through the speakers of the TV itself.
- Center speaker module - the TV screen plays the role of the center speaker when configuring the surround system so you can enjoy a rich sound field.
- The TV also employs Automatic sound field correction (room environment correction) that adjusts the sound balance according to the viewing environment.
- S-Force Front Surround is a technology that virtually reproduces the sound field of a multi-surround speaker system used in movie theaters using only TV speakers. You can experience a three-dimensional sound field where sound moves from side to back.
- The TV also features a compact and highly efficient S-Master digital amplifier which reduces information loss during the digital-to-analog conversion process.
- The Clear Phase technology is used to correct the ideal acoustic characteristics by high-precision digital signal processing. It does not depend on the characteristics of the TV speakers, realizes smoothing of the amplitude characteristics and linearization of the phase characteristics, and provides a natural tone and clear sound image localization compared to using conventional TV speakers.
- Voice control and audio over Bluetooth support.
- Hands-free voice search
- IMAX enhanced
- Netflix Calibrated Mode
- SKY PerfecTV! Hybrid compatible
- A built-in 4K / 8K tuner (Japan)
- Blade Architecture design - a structure in which thin plates like blades are integrated using aluminium.
The 2020 Sony 4K TVs from the X950H and X800H series are now available in stores and online retailers throughout the US. The specifications and prices were announced almost a month ago but it is now that the TVs can be purchased with the 75", 65", and the 55" still to be launched (prices remain unknown). These are Andoird TV-based units with Google Play Store, Google Assistant, Chromecast built-in. They also support...
16 Март 2020
The 2020 Sony 4K LCD TVs from the XH81, XH80, and X70 series are now available in stores and online retailers throughout Europe. The XH81 and XH80 are Andoird TV-based units with Google Play Store, Google Assistant, Chromecast built-in. They also support Amazon Alexa, Apple AirPlay 2 and Apple HomeKit. The X70 models are based on Linux. Sony XH81 and XH80 4K HDR TVs specifications and prices The XH81 and XH80 series...
16 Март 2020
Currently, Sony has listed the specifications of its entire X800H series for the USA and its European counterpart - the XH80 series. However, it is only Sony USA that has listed prices for each model from the series: Sony XBR-85X800H - $2,699.99 Sony XBR-75X800H - $1,799.99 Sony XBR-65X800H - $1,199.99 Sony XBR-55X800H - $999.99 Sony XBR-49X800H - $749.99 Sony XBR-43X800H - $699.99 Sony has also listed the...
5 Февруари 2020
Sony Europe has published the full specifications of its 2020 XH80 TV series. It includes a 43", 49", 55", 65", 75", and 85" model grouped in two sub-series - the XH8096 and the XH8077. The latter includes only models from 43" to 65", inclusive. The 43" and 49" have Edge LED backlights, while the larger models up to the 85" one have Direct LED backlights. In addition, the two smallest models lack X-Balanced speaker...
1 Февруари 2020
Sony is gradually publishing the official specifications of its 2020 TVs. The first models that appeared with a full set of specs are the 2020 Sony X70 (X7055/X7056) series for Europe. Currently, only the specs for the 43" and the 49" TV are available and the lineup includes the following models: Sony KD-49X7056 specifications Sony KD-49X7055 specifications Sony KD-43X7056 specifications Sony KD-43X7055...
1 Февруари 2020
Sony has unveiled some details about its 2020 Sony X750H 4K Android TV series. The series is available in two sizes - 65-inch Sony KD-65X750H and 55-inch Sony KD-65X750H. Both models share a number of features, which include: 4K Triluminos Display 4K Processor X1 4K X-Reality PRO for 4K upscaling Bass Reflex speaker with Clear Phase tech Android TV OS Google Home Google Assistant, Voice Search Chromecast support...
31 Януари 2020
The 2020 Sony OLED TVs include two series, each with Android TV (Android 9.0 Pie). The main new feature for this year's models is that they finally get Sony's X-Motion Clarity system for OLED. It smooths moving objects on the screen in real-time with a high refresh rate resulting in a clear picture that are brighter than the previous year's models. Sony A9S 4K OLED Master series Sony has also opted for a smaller...
7 Януари 2020
After overviewing the features of the 2020 premium Sony TVs, here are some more details on the 8K and 4K LED TV lineup. 8K Sony Z8H - 85-inch and 75-inch size classes (85Z8H and 75Z8H) The Sony Z8H series includes the brand's top of the line 8K LED TVs for 2020. There are two models in the 75-inch and the 85-inch size class. Both are powered by Sony's Picture Processor X1 Ultimate processor and feature an advanced...
7 Януари 2020
Sony has unveiled its 2020 premium OLED and LED TVs at CES 2020. Generally, some features that were available only in its Master Series models will now trickle down to some downgraded series as part of the company's efforts to provide the best viewing experience for every range of TV. "Delivering a personalized, immersive and true-to-life viewing experience is a core focus when developing our next generation TVs,"...
7 Януари 2020
The latest report by the LEDinside research division of TrendForce predicts that the LED fine pitch display (pixel pitch ≤ P2.5) market is expected to reach 27% CAGR in the 2019-2023 period. In addition, the ultra-fine pitch display (pixel pitch ≤ P1.1) market is projected to reach 58% CAGR. This will be mainly due to the high demand for high-resolution displays with HDR. For 2019, the LED fine pitch display market...
27 Декември 2019
LG Display has announced that its OLED TV panels have obtained the "Eye Comfort Display" certification from TÜV Rheinland - one of the most renowned authorities in the field. The independent organization has performed the test in accordance with the ISO 9241-307 standard which covers three main points of interest: blue light emission, light reflection and flickering, image quality. LG's 65-inch OLED TV emits 34%...
3 Юли 2019
In addition to unveiling its 2019 4K OLED and LCD TVs, Sony has also introduced its first 8K TVs. These are 85- and 95-inch LCD TVs, part of the BRAVIA MASTER Z9G/ZG9 (US/EU) series. They are equipped with the next-generation image processor X1 Ultimate which enables the 8K X-Reality PRO - this upscales any content to 8K. In addition, the models feature the Backlight Master Drive technology and a newly developed LED...
8 Януари 2019
At CES 2019 in Las Vegas which started today, Sony is showcasing its 2019 4K OLED & LCD TVs. The 4K OLED lineup includes 55- 65- and 77-inch sizes as part of the A9G/AG9 (US/Europe) and A8G/AG8 (US/Europe) series. The A9G/AG9 is powered by the Picture Processor X1 Ultimate and each model arrives with Dolby Atmos, Dolby Vision, Netflix Calibrated Mode, and IMAX Enhanced. They are also compatible with HDR10 and HLG...
8 Януари 2019
As usual, Sony unveils its yearly line-up of TV sets at CES in Las Vegas. This year is no exception and Sony has announced the new models from its X90F, X85F, and X80F series, which in Europe will be dubbed XF90, XF85, and XF80, respectively. The X90F/XF90 lineup will contain Sony's premium TVs for the year, ranging from 49 to 75 inches in size, each with a 4K UHD resolution, Sony's most advanced video processor...
10 Януари 2018