"As a long-time maker of leading professional displays, ASUS knows that true-to-life visual accuracy and stable, reliable performance are critical to content creators," said Vincent Chiou, associate vice president of the ASUS Display Business Unit. "With the latest DisplayHDR 1400 standard, VESA enables a new level of display realism, giving creators a new way to see their content and bring their projects to life. Delivering HDR performance at this level is difficult, so we are excited and proud to ship ASUS ProArt Display PA32UCG, the world’s first pre-certified DisplayHDR 1400 monitor. ProArt Display PA32UCG offers exceptional performance and stability with peak white brightness of 1600 nits and a sustained full-screen brightness of 1000 nits. Its an ideal companion for content creators of all types to help them realize their creative visions."
“The ProArt Display PA32UCG from ASUS can display 1000 nits full screen, which matches the best of today's reference monitors at any cost, and provides consistency when mastering. It also hits a spectacular 1600 nits peak, which is rare and helps immensely when preparing images for tone mapping. To have both these specifications in one display at this price point is truly amazing. VESA has recognized the need for higher quality mastering specifications and announced the VESA DisplayHDR 1400 standard. The PA32UCG is VESA DisplayHDR 1400 pre-certified. ASUS has once again raised the bar for HDR and invited everyone to the party. I am looking forward to collaborations with many more HDR pioneers now that the PA32UCG is available," stated Kevin Shaw, president of Colorist Society International and co-founder of International Colorist Academy.
"The DisplayHDR 1.1 specification includes a number of key performance updates, such as:
- Active dimming - DisplayHDR now mandates active dimming performance levels, a feature that when adopted in displays can reduce power consumption and yield significantly darker black levels.
- DisplayID accuracy - ensures that accurate luminance and color gamut data is populated in the DisplayID or legacy Extended Display Identification Data (EDID), which enables the GPU to optimize the video signal for that display to ensure the highest display performance.
- Dual corner box test - the black-level test has been updated with larger corner box structures to allow for accurate colorimeter measurement of both black and white levels, resulting in improved dynamic contrast ratio testing.
- New color gamut specifications - DisplayHDR now includes a 10 percent color patch test in addition to the 100 percent full screen color test, with both tests now using the display’s maximum luminance and RGB primary color values from the DisplayID/EDID; this revised test method more accurately determines the color gamut that will render on the display when running Windows.
- Combined color luminance - DisplayHDR has added a mechanism to validate full color volume at the full logo level luminance.
- New Delta-ITP test - added to test that the luminance level on the display is correctly rendered, helping to ensure the faithful reproduction of the original content creator’s intent (luminance, and D65 white balance).
- On-screen display (OSD) mode indication - any DisplayHDR-certified monitor with an on-screen menu function must now clearly indicate which modes support DisplayHDR, making it easier for users to optimize their display settings.
- DisplayPort certification specification - any DisplayHDR-certified monitor that has a DisplayPort interface must also undergo DisplayPort certification, ensuring that the display performs optimally with VESA DisplayPort-certified cables and other peripherals. "
VESA has now published the DisplayPort 2.0 standard for audio and video. This is a major upgrade as it ups transfer rates almost three times from 25.92 Gbps for the DP 1.4a to 77.4 Gbps for the DP 2.0. The new standard enables beyond 8K resolutions, higher refresh rates and HDR at higher resolutions, improved support for multiple display configurations, as well as improved user experience with augmented/virtual...
27 Юни 2019